Katie Watt takes on freshman year one header at a time

Meredith Beach, Reporter

“My two main goals,” said freshman Katie Watt, “are to be happy and make it big in soccer.”

Watt has kicked off her first year as a Brave in full force. Growing up in Seattle comes with the difficult decision of which schools to attend, though this

Watt taking on opponent from Garfield.
Watt taking on opponent from Garfield.

was not a problem for her. Although there was a push from her parents to attend Holy Names and Ballard, Watt went with her heart and knew that BBHS was the right pick for her. Her freshman year has definitely been one for the books as she has been partaking in girls varsity soccer and basketball.

Soccer has always been a major part of Watt’s life and she feels lucky to have carried it into high school. With the encouraging push from her mom to play, Watt started her successful career in kindergarten. She started as a kid on a St. John’s CYO team, moved to Emerald City, Seattle United, and made it all the way to a young adult on a high school varsity team. She began to play Premi

Watt (left), with basketball teammates, Ashley Moriarty (center), and Sadie Kenny (right).

er soccer in fourth grade and is currently playing on the Seattle Reign Academy.

“My favorite part about the game,” said Watt, “is the pure joy of playing with everlasting friends and the rush you get when playing on the field.”

In her spare time, Watt likes to be with her friends and family, as well as play soccer. Her core friend base at Blanchet has been made through the teams she has been a part of. She has become extremely close with the soccer girls, as well as the girls on the basketball team.

“Blanchet has provided me with a core group of friends,” said Watt, “and has given me a chance to show off my skills through sports.”