Zachary Petrizzo makes moves for his future

Annie Wright, Reporter

When junior Zachary Petrizzo’s family packed up and moved from Florida to Bellevue, leaving behind family, friends, and the home they loved, it was hard for him to adjust to school at Bellevue High School. After attending Catholic schools his entire life, Zach never truly felt like Bellevue was the right fit and as a result, he transferred to Blanchet in hopes of continuing a Catholic education this past year.

Not only has Petrizzo been able to receive that education at BBHS, he has also been able to establish himself as an impressive student, athlete, and friend.

Petrizzo admits that moving around schools wasn’t easy, but he has never felt more at home than he does at Blanchet. Surrounded by new found friends, amazingly helpful teachers, and a community stronger than most, Petrizzo has been able to thrive throughout his first year.

He has shown outstanding confidence and has joined many activities at Blanchet in hopes of contributing to the community that welcomed him so graciously.

As a new member of the cross country team, Petrizzo believes his involvement in the program has had a true impact on his perception of the school.

“This past year, under the direction of Peter Hogan, we were able to achieve great things,” said Petrizzo. “I am excited to take what I have learned and lead the charge next year as a Captain and seek a team ticket to State!”

Not only is Petrizzo involved in athletics, but he is also actively involved in academics and Brave Connection. In his first year, he has already served as a Brave Ambassador and a member of the Brave Connection team.

He also ran for class cabinet this past spring. Although he lost the position to Braves who have been around for much longer, his attempt truly shows the kind of person he is. He genuinely cares about the Blanchet community and he has nothing but respect and love for his classmates and teachers and is willing to put himself out there to better the community.

His desire to help the community doesn’t end when he leaves BBHS. In his free time, Petrizzo volunteers at a local nursing home in Madison Park and hopes to get involved in politics. As for his future after Blanchet, Petrizzo is hopeful he will continue expressing his passion for running and helping the community no matter where life takes him.

“I am excited about the opportunity to continue running at the next level,” said Petrizzo, “but furthermore I am excited to Major in Political Science in college.”