Bishop Blanchet Girls Cross-Country Team Looks Poised for State

Jonathan Woolsey, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet Girls Cross-Country team is on fire and in good shape to go to State! They are finishing near the top positions in every race and look to finish out the season strong!

“We run for everyone,” said Sophomore Abby Hecko. “We are really good friends this year so it’s not about our personal records.

Hecko is only a sophomore but she is already a leader on the team and one of their best runners. The majority of the team are seniors. Their leadership and experience is one of the reasons the team can make it to state.

“We have a great chance of going to state,” said Junior Anna Potter. “We have lots of seniors which brings great leadership and role models for the younger girls on the squad. Everybody is pushing and working really hard. I think we have a great chance to win state.”

Potter is a Junior and one of the many leaders on the team. The fact that there are so many juniors and seniors is a huge advantage for the squad. Everyone is putting in lots of effort in order to make state and they are on track to do so.

“At all our invites we have placed 2nd,” said Junior Christine Mulate. “Right behind teams that have placed well at state.”

The team has been at the top of the scoreboard in every event, competing well with the best schools. They feel they can compete with anyone. Their next race is at Lower Woodland for the Metro League 3A Championships on Thursday October 20th!