And 1 and Done JV Girls Win Against the Clock

Madison O' Neill, Reporter

The JV girls race against the clock vs Cleveland in the final seconds and take the win.

On January 25, 2017 the Blanchet JV girls played till the last seconds against Cleveland High School. The JV faced one of their toughest games yet testing them both physically and mentally.

In the first half the Braves knew it wasn’t going to be as easy as their last games. The last two games against Ingraham and Nathan Hale were no match compared to the tough players from Cleveland.

“ We knew coming into the game that it was going to be harder than our last few,” said junior post Summer Cyr, “ I think the first quarter was a wake-up call, meaning we weren’t going to get this win as easily”

In the second half the Braves kicked it into high gear and started to play with the same intensity. Starting off down by 8 bringing it back up to a 2 point game. In the fourth quarter in the final few seconds sophomore point guard Katie Hendrickson scores a lay-up earning a foul on the way up creating an and 1 and scoring the free throw  pushing them ahead by 1 point. Hendrickson recently had hurt her wrist. No better way to come back from an injury and helping score the game winning point earning the team the win against Cleveland.

“ The team as a whole contributed to this win”, said sophomore guard Anna Summers, “We had some amazing rebounds and shots all around, and of course Hendrickson’s game winning points.”

The Girls JV season only has two more games left against Franklin and Lakeside.