Boys JV Team Grinds out 10-7 Record in Successful Season

Jonathan Woolsey, Reporter

The Boys JV Basketball Team finished the season with a tough loss against Lakeside. The team played well all year long and finished with a 10-7 record; so, although they lost their season finale, it shouldn’t taint their great season.

“I don’t feel like this loss had a negative effect on our season,” said Sophomore forward Kohl Peterson. “We know that we had a great season, and I am proud of the way we played. I think we all are.”

After such a great season, the team doesn’t feel too discouraged about ending the season with a loss.

“I’m very proud of the guys on this team,” said Sophomore guard Michael Byrne. “We played hard and fought hard every game this season, and we got better and grew as a team each game.”

The team wasn’t projected to finish the season with the record they did. They used defense to stifle opponents and won a lot of close games. There are two spots on the varsity team should all players return for next season. There are lots of worthy players from JV to fill those two spots which should lead to a competitive tryout next year.

“I’m very excited for next year’s varsity team,” said Sophomore forward Patrick James. “With some of the players we had this year mixed in with returning varsity players, we should have a good group and an exciting team next year.”