JVC Volleyball “Sets” the Tone for the Season

Hailey Mears, Reporter

The JVC volleyball team has set their goals, they are undefeated and hope to continue this streak throughout the season.

New to Bishop Blanchet, and high school sports in general, these freshmen girls have began an exciting journey of hard work and dedication to their team and this sport.

This team consisting of all freshmen, gives the girls a great opportunity to get to know more people and bond over something they’re all passionate about.

Coming together and bonding as a team has been expressed as one of the most important components and goals of their season, and winning games.

“I want to play a leading role in bringing 13 strangers together and help us mold into a winning team,” said middle hitter Enya Pooler. “I want everyone to express their talents and passions so that we can bring the best out of each other and have a place on the court where we can be ourselves, and be one family.”

Becoming united to build chemistry on the court is also a top priority of the team.

“Our biggest focuses at practice are communication and uniting as a team,” said setter Claire Summers, “The best part about being on the team is meeting new people and playing with my friends.”

Aside from the goals for the team as a whole, Claire hopes to master and be more consistent on her serves by the end of the season.

The girls play next at Bainbridge on Wednesday, September 20 at 4:30pm.