The Brave Venture Auction Promises to be a Memorable Night.

Gigi Gallaudet, Reporter

The 2018 Brave Venture Auction is set to be held on March 10 at 5:30 in the Ernie Rose Activities Center.

This year, the team setting up the auction has decided on a “Hot Havana Nights” theme. The event is embracing a fiesta vibe, with a live salsa band and an encouragement for guests to dress in tropical attire.

When we were deciding on a theme, we wanted a casual  relaxed theme,” said Sheryl Welch of the development office.  “We wanted the décor to be colorful and bright. Havana Nights was the perfect theme.

This auction is held at Bishop Blanchet every year and is the school’s signature fundraising and community event, according to the BBHS website. All of the proceeds from the evening go to improving educational programs and general campus operations, as well towards financial aid for students who need tuition assistance.

Academics and access to the advantages of the 21st century classroom are at the core of a Bishop Blanchet education,” said Welch.

Every year, the auctions has one “Fund a Need” campaign to make a big change around the school. This year, the school hopes to draw enough profits to outfit every classroom with a Smart Board 7000 for the 2018-2019 school year. These devices will step up the level of technology in the classroom, and they will also serve as a way for devices, learning materials, and educational software to be brought together into one place.

“The utilization of this technology has a myriad of benefits that we are excited to implement throughout each and every BBHS classroom,” said Welch.