Spring College Road Trip Gives 2019 Students a Jump Start

Cade Prinzivalli, Reporter

The Spring College Road Trip, which will take place On March 15-16, provides juniors with an opportunity to see three Washington campuses: Western Washington University, Seattle University, and the University of Washington.

Run by the History Department chair, Mr. Brett Hecko, the trip gives participants the opportunity to meet with admissions officers and Brave alumni at the three different schools.

“The purpose of college road trip is to jump start the college process for juniors,” said

Hecko “We want to get them on different campuses so they can compare and contrast different schools.”

Students leave immediately after school on Thursday and start the trip off by heading to Seattle University. During the visit, students meet with the college’s admissions, tour the campus, meet Bishop Blanchet Alumni attending the university, and finish the night off with a group dinner.

March 16 starts off quickly with the University of Washington where students meet with admissions and then tour the campus. Shortly after, the students will go to Western Washington University. At the university, they will tour the campus, meet with admissions, meet with Bishop Blanchet alumni attending the university, and finish the tour off with a dinner on campus. After their meal, the trip finished up approximately around 9 p.m. the night of March 16 and returns back to BBHS.

The experience cost $30 and those interested in attending should find Mr. Hecko to sign up as soon as possible.