Take Me Out to the Ball Game!

Samantha Zink, Reporter

This past week, JV Baseball has been swinging in action with many games during the week, including games against Nathan Hale, Roosevelt, and O’Dea.

The JV Boys crushed Nathan Hale last Tuesday with a win of 14-0. They also fought hard and played their best against Roosevelt, but lost 7-3, and lost to O’Dea as well 4-1. Although with two losses, they still ended the week sweet with a beat against Kamiak 13-3.

“Well we played some fairly competitive teams recently,” said freshman Matt Acarregui. “Them being Roosevelt, O’Dea, but other than that we have been playing great. We had great energy and momentum throughout the games, and had a lot of fun.”

The JV boys baseball team is coming to an end to their season as they have only three more games left in their season before any playoffs begin. They have been practicing hard all season in order to play well and it has shown off.

“We have this running saying on our team started by coach Hopkins,” laughed out the boys on the team. “It is, “keep it PG on the beach”. This means that if we swear, we add another sprint to the end of the game. We had some beef between Roosevelt during the game, and it was hard to hold back. We struggled towards the end let’s just say we had around 10-12 sprints.”

With the ending of their season in the near future, the boys are counting every second on the team. They push forward from their losses and hope to play better the next game and learn from their mistakes.

“It’s been coming together over the past few games,” said Patrick Kane. “All of the hard work we did at the beginning is starting to show as we are starting to play better baseball, with more energy and less mistakes.”

To catch JV Baseball in action their next games are against West Sea at View Ridge on the 23rd, Eastside at Eastside on the 25th, and Kamiak at Kamiak on the 27th, all starting at 4pm. Go Braves.