Blanchet Continues Course Evaluations

Chris Salvador, reporter

If taken seriously, course evaluations can be one of the most helpful tools a teacher can use to gain constructive criticism.

There are many students within Bishop Blanchet High School that don’t take course evaluations seriously; and this could hurt the chance of the class improving in upcoming years.

Course evaluations are surveys taken by each class that question you and your experience in that class. It has a load of benefits that the teacher can use to help improve the class.

“All teachers should welcome constructed feedback from their students,” said Mrs Katie Newman “And hopefully the students take the process seriously” Mrs Katie Newman

Most students don’t take the process seriously, forcing the teachers and staff to use only a small percentage of responses. To further our progress as a school, serious surveys must be taken.

“ The whole purpose is to provide feedback for the teacher can be very beneficial” said Ms. Nicole McCoy, the Academic Vice Principal.

Many students consider the process to be a waste of time, which is the source of the lack of serious submissions.

“ I think it’s a waste of my time because when you miss school, you need to catch up not do course evaluations” said senior Scott Yeung.

Many teachers said the evaluations can be advantageous to the improvement to their classes and help the school as a whole.

Chris Salvador, Reporter

Chris Salvador, a Senior at Bishop Blanchet, is going into his first year being a part of The Miter staff. He is excited to begin his journey as a journalist and strengthen his abilities as a writer. Chris enjoys attending sporting events, and can be found in the stands of a Bishop Blanchet football or basketball game. He is a former cross country runner and football player who enjoys the time he spent with his friends. He is currently apart of the track and field team here at Bishop Blanchet and hopes to give it his all in his final year at Blanchet. It is a new year and new opportunity to be apart of something bigger, and The Miter is the place on where Chris has set his eyes. In this incoming 2017-2018 school year, Chris hopes to inform you anything and everything Brave related. Chris wishes to be more active in the Brave community, and help show the world what it’s like here at Blanchet.