Olney One Out There

Alex French, Reporter

“Try new things and meet new people.” That is the advice freshman Molly Olney has for future Braves coming to BBHS.

Olney attended St. John School from kindergarten to eighth grade. She knew she was going to BBHS when she toured the school. She knew it was the right for her and the sense of community was another positive aspect.

The adjustment from middle school is often hard for many kids, but for Onley this was not the case. She had a lot of friends from her old school. Both St. Johns and Blanchet are smaller Catholic schools with the same taught values.

“The upperclassman and teachers also helped the change go smoothly. I felt I was at the right place,” said Olney.

Olney is very strong academically, but also strives in athletics. She partakes in basketball and on the lacrosse team.

“With basketball, I knew I wanted to tryout for the team. It was a risk, but it worked out!” said Onley.

Her advice would be to get involved and not be afraid to try new things or meet new people. If a freshman comes from a school with lots of other kids, they should meet new people and not stay in their group. 

She said, “I was tentative about trying out for basketball but it ended up being a great experience and I met some great friends.”