Consistent improvement leads to success on the field

Chris Salvador, Reporter

The girls JV soccer team had a successful season, with steady improvement with all its players.

From the first day of tryouts to the final days of the season, the JV soccer team can be proud to look back on their steady improvement and accomplishments. In terms of the success as a team, they started to play a lot better with each other. Proof of this is their wins against Lakeside, where the defense shut down the Lion’s offense, holding them to no points. While the offense took care of business, scoring five goals. This can be attributed to the close bond they all shared throughout the season. Individually, they harnessed their skills through the hard work in practice day in and day out.

Freshman Sadie Cowden  expressed the team’s overall rise to success.

“We learned to work well as a team which was huge”, said Cowden “Great steady improvement for sure”.

Sadie described how her confidence grew as she saw her and her peers improve throughout the season.

“I feel like everyone came out of our season better”, said Cowden “Everyone improved in some way”.

Although a successful season, the team could benefit from more team bonding. This would have given them an extra edge on their opponents. This is something they look to improve upon next year.

“We look to have an even better one next year,” said Cowden. “We just have to improve upon our mistakes.”

With the season already over, the team has many things to look forward to, as well as things to improve upon.