Dance Team Gets Down to Business

Hailey Mears, Reporter

The Blanchet dance team competed at Districts on Saturday March 3rd. The competition was held at Redmond High School.

Arthur Lee, a proud captain of the team, feels that the team has faced many hardships and obstacles in preparing and practicing. Sometimes members lack spare time to prepare or attend competitions. That requires changes in formation, which requires a lot of effort.

“Before districts, we received news that our dance coach was no longer able to teach us,” said Lee,  “This meant that the captains had to do everything we could to support the team and prepare for districts by taking the lead and finish changing our formation.”

The team received a score of 215, which they are thrilled with. All members are proud of the outcome and how far their hard work got them. One proud member in particular is Olivia Ford.

“Arthur and I had to stage and remodel a piece which took work, but I think it turned out amazing.” said Ford. “Practicing every day really helped us to do well, and I am so proud of my team, we did amazing.”

The team felt unified and driven because of the many hours spent rehearsing. They consider each other family, and they are always willing to support each other.  There are a few freshmen on the team and the captains feel their persistence and maturity has been admirable.

“The freshmen on the dance team have great passion,” said Lee, “They have become more mature, and I am so proud of them!”

The dance team is currently working on pieces for the talent show and the multicultural assembly. The team feels that failure is the foundation to their success,  they will keep dancing and shining in later events.