The Brave community comes together in celebration for the Mass of the Holy Spirit

Samantha Conroy, Reporter

On September 9th, 2016 the Blanchet community came together in celebration of the first mass of the year. The mass was led by Father Bryan Dolejsi from St. Benedict Church, and Father Tim Clark from Our Lady of the Lake was the celebrant. For the first time, the seniors united as a class on the gym floor in their green and gold robes.

“After four years of waiting for this mass to be for our class, this moment could not be more exciting, it seems unreal.” said senior Katie Newman.

At the beginning of the mass, students of various clubs and sports teams represented their activity by bringing up paper cranes to the altar for all to see. As each representative was called, other students that participate in that certain club or sport stood up. “I love the Mass of the Holy Spirit. The representatives of the clubs, organizations and teams is a really cool way to pay attention to how very different we all are and how important each of us is to BBHS as a whole,” said Mrs. Suchland.

Father Bryan shared an intriguing bear story that caught the attention of everyone in the gym. He talked about how the idea that we need to talk to each other, pray and take things one step at a time is so basic but so easily forgotten when we’re in the midst of an issue. He really emphasized his third point: take things one step at a time. This was a great reminder for the senior class to not get overly stressed about the future and to simply make the most of the present.

After the mass, all of the seniors headed out to the quad to form a 17 for their class of 2017 picture.