Boys JV Basketball Starts Strong

Abial Gebremedhin, Reporter

The Blanchet JV basketball team started their season with four straight wins against Bainbridge, Kamiak, Lincoln (Seattle), and Nathan Hale.

The JV basketball team is on the younger side this year. No longer having seniors and juniors, the team and coaches are boasting a roster of all sophomores to build around for the future. With the team being comprised of all underclassmen, most didn’t know what to expect, especially with the new JV coach, Matt Welch. 

Even with the hindrance of not having upperclassmen on the team the JV basketball team carries a winning record of 5-2. The players have been stressing how they feel like they deserve more respect for their play on the court, due to the fact that they have a winning record against great opponents.

“Most of the school has been doubting us, due to them not knowing how good we are,” said sophomore Petros Zekarias. “We feel like we are going to be really good this year, and for the next 2 years as well. The chemistry we have is really good, and I just think with even more time we’re gonna get even better.”

With the addition of a new coach and an entirely new identity, this is an exciting season. The JV boys continue their season against their Metro League rival, Seattle Preparatory Academy at BBHS at 12 pm.