Senior Engage in Socially Distant Pilgrimage

Bailey Wolf, Editor

The Senior Pilgrimage is typically the first spiritual retreat of the school year offered to the senior class, seniors attend a day long walking retreat in and around the neighborhoods surrounding Bishop Blanchet. As they walk seniors share scripture, pray, sing, and share in the faith with their peers. The retreat is a good way for seniors to connect with their class and their faith before we get too deep into senior year.

This year the retreat had to become socially distant which posed a challenge to Campus Ministry members  Rachel Longest and Manon Cypher when planning. But the retreat was still just as fulfilling as in past years. 

“It was an amazing and eye opening experience for me and my classmates,”said Patrick Kane.

The discussions that took place on the retreat which were led by Blanchet teachers and staff were focused on the Blanchet core values of being true, kind, and brave and how participants have lived out those values and how they will continue to. 

“I was very grateful for the opportunity to spend time with my classmates after a spring and summer that kept us all apart”, said Kane.

Due to the pandemic and in-person school no longer being an option for us at this time, this retreat was especially meaningful for participants.