ASB details Homecoming Week

Homecoming Week is upon us, and the ASB has dialed into a unique theme: Netflix Week.

On Monday, the theme of the day is “The Walking Dead Day.” Students are encouraged to wear pajamas to school. That means the hallways will be filled with pajamas, sweats, flannels, slippers, and footies. Please do not include face paint or weapons of any kind.

Tuesday’s theme is “Survivor / Lost Day” calling for Braves to come dressed in outdoors gear and  camouflage, a windfall for local Cabella stores.  Bandanas are allowed, but refrain from face paint or weapons of any kind.

Wednesday being PSAT testing day and the Freshman Day of service means a suspension of Netflix themes.  No dress up that day; there is an interruption of cable service that day.

Thursday’s theme is “Thursday Night Lights” and is a sports day. Time to break out your local team gear: Seahawks, Sonics, Sounders, Reign, Mariners, Huskies, Cougars, Thunderbirds, and Jet City Roller girls. Time to wear jerseys, socks, and sweatbands, but leave behind any immodest clothing,  Soffe shorts, or short running shorts.

Friday is the culminating theme: Family Feud Day! Time to don your class colors. Freshmen will wear white and will take on the persona of The Whitefields. Sophomores will wear black and will represent the Blackbeard family. Juniors will grab their gold gear and will become the Goldberg family. The seniors will drape themselves in green and will be known as the Greeneman family.

But Homecoming is more than just dressing up. The ASB will host a food drive; students from all classes will bring in non perishable food to the boxes in the cafeteria this week. The class with the most food donated wins 200 points.

On Thursday night, from 2:30-8:00 pm, Brave fanatics of all ages will gather in the main gym to ready it for the big competitions of the following day.

The Homecoming football takes place under the Friday night lights against Lakeside on Friday, as the 5-1 Braves move to recover the ground they lost the week before on the Sammamish plateau. Admission to the game, as always, is free with your ASB Card. Come decked out in Green and Gold!

The week ends the following night with a dance, themedGo With the GLOW – Neon Dance.” Please wear neon and white clothing, but leave behind all immodest clothing,  Soffe shorts, and short running shorts.

Tickets for the Homecoming dance are $10 and are on sale during both lunches all week.