Chloe Morris: strongest person around

Kelly McGinnis, Reporter

Life has many hardships and how you deal with them can make all the difference.

When struggling with life’s hardships you need a foundation of family, friends and resources to support yourself. Some are not so lucky to find this foundation, but in Morris’s circumstance, she was one of the lucky ones.

As Chloe’s story begins she was just a regular sophomore at Bishop Blanchet High School, enjoying life and creating memories with her friends.

Before the year ended, the Morris family was blessed with a brother and son on December 4th, in 2103; his name was Castle.

Castle is the light of their family; they loved him with all their hearts. Castle seemed to be just an ordinary kid, being fond of Superman and Santa Claus.

Chloe and her family started worrying about Castle; they had noticed that his calves were super tight and muscular. Because of this he could not run or walk like the other kids his age.

The family took him to the hospital and tried to find out what was going on. At first the doctors couldn’t find anything wrong, but eventually Castle was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy.

“I had no idea what is was,” said Morris “ and I was so confused on what was happening to my brother.”

His condition started to worsen and so did Chloe’s faith. She started questioning why? “Why punish her and her family?”

Finally, Chloe found an answer to this, “God gives his biggest battles to his top ringlet soldiers,” said Chloe.

Chloe realized that it is no one’s fault and that becoming strong for her family she will get through this hardship

While turning to faith and the help of her friends Chloe has become strong.

Castle turns three in December, and while he is still a normal kid, he still struggles with his disease, Muscular Dystrophy.

Although Morris has found help through her brother’s struggle, it still is not an easy thing. “School has become hard,” said Morris, “and my grades and attention has been slipping.”

Chloe often describes the impact Castle has on her as, “Without him I would not be sane.”

This hardship is ongoing for Morris and her family, but there is a light in this story, through the hope from her friends, faith, and the resources she has found outside of the school, She has found a shoulder to lean on.

Although Chloe became strong and found hope, her family still struggles. You can help this family through their hardship through sponsoring them. You can fund them through medical bills and help to keep their family financially sane. You could change the fate of a battle this family is facing, With only one donation you can make a difference in this family’s life. This Morris family is appreciative of anything and blesses you for your kindness. The link below can take you directly to the family’s page.

https://www.gofunme.com/jh3t5khp