Lady Braves basketball wins first game of season

Annie Wright, Reporter

The first game of the season for the BBHS girls varsity basketball team was a slam dunk.

After coming off of an impressive third place finish in the 3A state tournament, the lady Braves landed on top against Juanita with a final score of 58-54.

Junior Jadyn Bush started off the season strong with an amazing performance and ended the night with 25 points and 11 blocks. “It felt so good to be back on the court doing what I love,” said Bush. “I hope we continue to work well as a team and perform to the best of our abilities”.

Junior Taylor Chambers finished the night with 11 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds.  DSC_7125

Although the Braves came out on top, it wasn’t an easy win by any means. Juanita’s Tea Adams added 22 points for her team and Shalexxus Aaron scored 18 points.

The student section was pretty rowdy, but the Braves are expecting more fans to come out to the next game at Chief Sealth on December 4, 2015 at 6:30 PM.

“I thought more fans would be there to cheer the girls on,” said Junior Blake Cooper. “The girls came to win and it was fun to watch”. The braves look forward to establishing themselves as a power house yet again in through the 2015-2016 season and their talent and team cohesiveness will be difficult to beat.