Team 4682- BraveBots

Finalists at Shorewood High School competition in 2015.

Bishop Blanchet

Emilia Zottoli, Reporter

Bishop Blanchet Robotics team, also known as team 4682, the BraveBots, have started their season off with a bang as they begin conducting their robot for their upcoming robotics team challenge.

Being apart of the Bishop Blanchet Robotics team requires extensive hours and contributions on multiple levels.

There is really no off season for the BraveBots, meetings are conducted for two hours on Wednesday and Thursday after school from September to December to gear up for the season.

Starting in January the Braves really kick it into gear as they meet everyday after school through April in order to work together on creating their robot that will be competing in challenges.

For the BraveBots, many jobs within the team are prevalent to help the program run.

From fundraising and computer programming to actually controlling the bot and making the buttons, there is surely a spot on the team for everyone.

The BraveBots were just recently introduced to their latest challenge, on January 9th, called StrongHold, a medieval themed game.

The Bishop Blanchet squad will be competing against about 50 other clubs in the Puger Sound area.

The Bots are focused on going full force into their two District Competitions to hopefully guide their way into the Regional Competition in April and even possibly head to Worlds following the Regional Competition

For Robbie Barrett, robotics team captain, he believes that, “teamwork is key,” in order to work their way through the StrongHold district competition challenge, their future district competition and to the regional competition.

The qualifications for the bot that will be judged during StrongHold are quite extensive.

The bot that the Braves are working on must be able to cross barriers, shoot balls and climb.

“Our team’s strength would be our flexibility and willingness to accommodate others,” said Barrett, who has equally as much faith in his team as the Bishop Blanchet community has in them too.

With a difficult bot ahead and the planning phase unraveling, who better to handle a complex challenge like this than the Bishop Blanchet BraveBots.