Roosevelt’s very own Regan Nagle

Maggie Kruzner, Reporter

This year at Blanchet, a JV women’s lacrosse team was formed in honor of beloved teammate Molly Conley. Freshmen and sophomores that wanted to play were required to play for the Blanchet team, but juniors and seniors could choose to play for the Roosevelt Girl’s Lacrosse Club—a club that had partnered with Blanchet in previous years.

Many girls saw the opportunity to play for Blanchet, but for junior Regan Nagle the choice was obvious to play for Roosevelt.

“I started playing lacrosse in eighth grade and I knew that I wanted to play for a varsity team for my junior season.” said Nagle.

Other than being a skilled varsity  player, Nagle has latched on to Roosevelt’s coach, Hilary Bowen. Bowen played collegiately at Northwestern University, winning 4 national titles in her years. After this, she went on to coach at the University of Southern California.

“Hilary’s coaching style is so hands-on, it has really helped me develop and refine my skills.” said Nagle.

In Roosevelt’s first regular season game against the Ballard Beavers, Nagle excelled. She scored one goal and picked up one ground ball.

“My goal for the season is to score one goal per game. I’ll be happy with anything more though!”

Nagle’s hard work in practice and dedication to lacrosse has changed her game entirely. She plays for Seattle Starz, a local traveling team, in the off-season and also plays with her brother, Dominick.