Two wins and four losses over break does not equal a net loss for JV squad

Kelly McGinnis, Reporter

While you were enjoying your vacation over spring break, our JV Baseball team was working hard out on the field.

The team won two out of the six games played over break; and although the team was overall disappointed with the outcome of their games, they have created a drive inside of each other to finish the season strong.

“With half of the season still in front of us,” said skipper Stephen Pallaria,  “the opportunity to meet our goals presents itself and is well within our reach.”

The team has agreed that their main problems within their games over break occurred at the plate. Missing hitting locations and their lack of consistency made it hard for their teammates to get on base and get runs.

“We have the talent and drive to succeed,” said Pallaria, “I am confident that as long as we continue to work hard we will accomplish great things.”

Although the record says otherwise, the team feels that they are winning. With a great group of coaches and players,  the team feels that they can accomplish so much.

“I feel that we improve playing as a team whether or not we win or lose the game,” said freshman Jake Freeman.

The coaching staff of the JV Baseball team is constantly pushing their players. Head Coach, Stephan Pallaria and Assistant Coach, Jeff Auld try to help the boys improve in all skills and ultimately take away an appreciation for the game.

“Coach Stephan is a great guy, he is able to push us in every game and every practice,” said junior Grady Dittmaier, “He helps us to not be only good athletes, but also young men.”

After analyzing their games and the things that they team need to improve on, you will be able to see a difference in their play. As the team grows together they will become more and more successful in their season.

We have a lot of guys with strong character that are willing to work hard,” said Pallaria, “we need to work on playing a full seven innings. All guys, need to be ready to step up and do their job when called upon.

Overall, the games over the break seem to be success. The team has set new goals and are now concentrating on improvement.