Girl’s Lacrosse Pushes Through a Strong Season, 5-1

Girls Lacrosse Pushes Through a Strong Season, 5-1

Meredith Beach, Reporter

“I am very pleased with how our season is progressing”, said head coach Anna Gustafson. “We keep getting better every practice and game!”

Girls’ lacrosse is in the midst of a stellar season. Sadly, the team lost on Tuesday, April 19th in a close game to lakeside 11-13. This was their first loss of the season, as their record stands 5-1 now. Goals were scored by Sophie Butler, Morgan DeMeulemeester, Alina Gemza, Rory Knowles, Laura Simmonds, Molly Olney and Anabel Roza. Kristina Binder had 5 saves as goalie.

“We had our first loss of the season this past week but I am very proud of the girls”, said head coach Anna Gustafson. “Even though we were down, they still played with confidence and never gave up. We were even able to score in the last few seconds of the game.”LaCrosse-1

With this year marking Blanchet’s very first girl’s lacrosse team, it has been evident that the girls are having a blast no matter what the score may be. They have a strong source of leaders on the team that are able to support each girl on and off the field.

“My favorite part about playing lacrosse”, said sophomore Alina Gemza, “is having fun and being able to teach others the skills they need to be successful and that’s exactly what I can do this year as the first ever girls Blanchet lacrosse team makes history.”

Every player contributes an immense amount to the team each and every game. The stats vary every game and goals tend to be scored by different players.

The Braves play again tomorrow, Saturday April 23rd, against Ingraham JV. Face off begins at 12:30 P.M., be sure to come out at support the Braves!