Senior Garrett Browne’s BBHS artwork is to be celebrated

A new painting by Browne will be hung in the hallways to honor his talent.

Maggie Kruzner, Reporter

Garrett Browne could possibly be mistaken for just another student if you haven’t seen his artwork.

This senior is incredibly talented and takes his art seriously. Among his many pieces, his newest project is one that Blanchet can not only enjoy, but can appreciate and keep in its own hallways.

“It is not supposed to look like anything specific. It is supposed to be whatever the person looking at it interprets,” said Browne regarding his piece. “I see faces and characters that the lines make. Every time I look at it I see a new face in the design.”

GB
Senior Garret Browne

This new piece is a large canvas painting. It is adorned with thick, graffiti like strokes, which are a signature for Brown’s work. In the center however, there is a stark contrast to the other aggressive marks–a Bishop Blanchet logo. Chuck Bocian, the Vice Principal of Student Activities here at Bishop Blanchet, is honored to hang the painting close to his office.

“The art work symbolizes Garrett’s desire to share his talent and his love of BBHS,” said Bocian.

Fellow classmates of Browne have recognized his talents throughout high school, and have voted him “Most Likely to be the next Picasso” in the senior poll. Honestly, the seniors’ prediction could be right. Browne’s artwork not only is wonderful, but shows great potential for his future as an artist.