Girls Golf Off to a Great Start

Clara Costa, Reporter

Even with Ms. Anna Comfort, the former girls golf coach, out of Blanchet, the Braves still feel comfortable heading into the new season.

While they did lose some of their members from last year, there is still hope for a great season. With four returning members of the five girl golf team, the Braves are definitely looking forward to doing their best at every match and supporting their teammates. Considering that this will be the last high school season for over half of the girls team, the ladies are set on giving it their all this year.

Though much of the last year’s  girls golf team is gone, The Braves are still looking forward to improving this session and trying their best.

“I think we definitely have some big shoes to fill,” said first year member Sam Conroy. “But anything is possible, and we’re going to give it our all at every match.”

Although Comfort was a very important coach to the girls golf team, they don’t feel a setback with her leaving.

“I do think Ms. Comfort helped me improve my skills, but I don’t think her leaving will negatively impact how we play,” said Sophomore Jane O’Connor. “My goal is to finish better than I did last year because last year I made it to districts so hopefully I’ll make it there again, or I’d love to make it to state.”

With three of the five returning members having gone to districts last year, it is definitely possible the Braves will be able to return this year.

“I do think we have a good chance of making it to districts this year” said Senior and returning golf member Alex Sheldrup. “But even with a good match I think there is always room for improvement.”

The promising golfers are doing well in their matches so far, they hope to continue the good work and improve throughout the season.

The Braves are working hard to compete at their next match vs. Garfield on Wednesday, September 21st at Jefferson Park at 3:30 pm.