Bishop Blanchet Makes Controversial Dress Code Changes

Jonathan Woolsey, Reporter

Bishop Blanchet made a new dress code change for the 2016-17 school year discontinuing yoga pants and adding a free dress day. This new policy isn’t favored by some of the students.

“Yes I do miss wearing yoga pants,” said Junior Elise Gleason, “but it has really motivated me to try and look nice and professional.”

One of the new rules this year is that students can’t wear yoga pants. Elise misses wearing them but she doesn’t mind that she is forced to wear nicer clothes and dress up a bit.

“I think we should be able to wear sweats,” said Freshman Alec Brush. “Sweats are comfortable and it gives us more options than just wearing jeans and khakis every day.”

Boys at Blanchet don’t have many choices when it comes to pants or shorts. Alec feels like he wears similar things every day and he gets bored by it.

“I think there should be a dress code” said Junior Carmen Einmo, “but it really shouldn’t be super strict. Free dress day is a great new thing and we should have it two days a week.”

Carmen is fine with a dress code but she doesn’t like that it is enforced so much. She also looks forward to Friday when she can wear whatever she wants, but feels students should be able to wear what they want more often.