Boys JVC Basketball Shoots for Success

Grace Klauser, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet boys JVC basketball team kicked off their 2016-2017 season this past Tuesday, November 29 with a win over Kentwood, 52-46.

With twelve talented freshman on the roster, the team appears to have a bright future ahead of them. The boys are keeping positive mindsets, with high hopes to make it through the season undefeated.

Freshman Simon Aguirre is having a lot of fun with the season so far.

“I think we’re actually going to do pretty well,” said Aguirre. “Our goals are just to win and have fun.”

He enjoys the laid back environment of practices, while the boys are still able to work hard to improve every day.

Another player, freshman Andrew Holloman is enjoying the season so far and is happy with his teammates. He also has made it a goal to finish the season with a positive outcome.

“We’re just trying to win every game,” said Holloman.

While the boys have made it apparent they want to win as much as possible, head coach Mr. Gaskill is breaking down exactly what they need to work on in order to achieve this.

“We’re focused on fundamentals right now,” said Gaskill. “Our short term goals are getting better every game whether it’s rebounding or offensive sets. The long term goal is to prepare these guys for the JV team next year.”

Gaskill thinks the team looks good so far and is pleased the first game went well, resulting in a win.

All twelve of the boys and the coach are really looking forward to see how this season goes. They next play Ballard at Ballard High School today December 5 at 7:30 PM.