People Melt Over ski and Snowboard Club

Ali Vahdati, Reporter

Ski and snowboarding gives you the chance to experience the wintertime on top of mountains and sail through blankets of snow. Many students enjoy this simply because they get the chance to be with their friends, going on ski trips and having a good time overall.

Marcus Lewis, a senior at Blanchet, is on approaching his second year of ski and snowboard and he is looking forward to the upcoming trips.

“We go to several different mountains, Crystal, Stevens and Snoqualmie,” said Lewis. “When we leave we meet at Blanchet and start heading out at 6 in the morning and get back around 6 pm. We get to be up there all day and it’s a really fun experience.”

So what is his favorite parts of joining ski and snowboard club?

“You get to go up with your friends,” said Lewis, “and it’s a really cool way to “play in the snow’. It’s not too challenging, it’s just about having a good time.”

One of the few challenges that he’s faced is keeping track of all of his equipment.

“There is a lot you have to bring with you,” said Lewis,  “and you don’t want to lose any of it.”

So, does he ski or snowboard?

“I only snowboard,” said Lewis. “I enjoy just letting my hands go free and just cruising down the slopes all day long.”

Seems that this sport doesn’t require a lot of stress or competition, you just get to travel with friends, play in the snow, and hang outside all day.