Braves get first snow day of the year

Abby Hawkins, Reporter

This last Friday, Blanchet students and teachers lucked out with a snow day! First came the call that school had been delayed two hours, but then the decision was made to cancel school all together.

The Braves didn’t waste their day off. Most either spent the day catching up on the sleep they had lost the busy week before, doing homework or studying, or just enjoying the rare sight of snow!

“I made a snowman with my little brother,” said senior Maria Spong. “We also made Christmas cookies!”

This was the first time school had been cancelled as a result of snow since any of the current Blanchet students’ tenure at the school. This was a great cause of excitement for some students, and caused stress for some others.

The evening prior to the snow day had been spent by most in anticipation to see if the weather predictions were right. Most students were caught by surprise as snow predictions have often gone unfulfilled in years past. For some students the snowfall did not come at an ideal time.

“I had to be at the Moore Theatre for the musical on Friday,” said junior Marianna Mele. “It was a little disappointing that everyone else got a snow day when the musical cast and crew already was off of school for a busy day.”

For the most part, however, the Braves were excited to just have a “chill” day. Some students had a more eventful day than others.

“It snowed? I was asleep the whole day!” said junior Jacob Parsons.

All in all, the snow day was much appreciated by the Blanchet community.