Freaking out about Finals? Look no Further!

Kelly McGinnis, Editor

With finals just around the corner, the halls of Bishop Blanchet have become grandiosely filled with amounts of anxiety and pressure. Although finals can be stressful, they don’t have to be. Breeze through finals with just some simple steps:

First, get ready now. It’s never too early to prepare for any test. In fact, it’s better to start as soon as possible than cram the night before. It’s all about time management. It’s not necessarily how much time in total you spend studying, but rather the amount of stuff you can get done. So be productive, Braves.

Secondly, motivate yourselves. Instead of taking up more time whining and moaning about the amount you have to do, pick up a book or notebook and don’t let your mind wonder. It’s actually easy to face procrastination head on by just doing what needs to be done rather than putting it off.

Third, concentrate. Hopefully you have learned this throughout this semester,  but concentrating on your studies will help you immensely, especially paying attention in class and concentrating on the learning objectives. Think about it, if you’ve already heard something or learned something in the past it’s easier to review because you already know it! So, start at the root of your stress and simply pay attention in class.

Lastly, ask questions and get help. It’s always better to ask and know you’re right rather than second guessing. Some other specific study tips include: Create a study guide, create a mock test and test yourself, make flashcards, summarize, and connect information to things you already know.

Best of Luck!