Blanchet Softball Team Staying Solid Mid-Season

Jonathan Woolsey, Reporter

The Blanchet Softball team is 6-6 just past the halfway point in the season. After starting out 2-4 they bounced back with a four game win streak and followed that with a two game losing streak.

With a young team—with only one senior—being at 500 this far along is a major accomplishment and shows that this team will be a force in the coming years.

“We have worked well on the field by communicating and it’s something we practice,” said Junior Taylor Nichols. “One thing we need to be better at is calling plays out during the game. Our communication is good but sometimes we aren’t on the same page as a unit.”

So far, the team has been doing better communicating during plays, but they need to do better calling their plays so they can get on the same page.

“We have been competing great,” said Junior Mikey Mclaughlin. “Our freshman and sophomores have really stepped up and contributed. We have really improved from last year and with our young team we should be even better next year.”

The team has been competing hard and doing well despite the young team. Hopefully it continues throughout the rest of the season.

“We are a young team,” said Junior Gianna Marchese. “However, we have a lot of fight and just because we are young, we are going to compete and try to win every game for the rest of the year.”

The team will be ready to roll next year as they have only gotten better and won’t be losing too many seniors.