Varsity Volleyball Beats Seattle Prep

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

The Varsity Volleyball team hosted their first home game of the season against rivals, Seattle Prep, that ended in victory for the Braves after an exciting five set game.

Senior hitter, Katie Merrywell led the team with her outstanding playing of 23 kills, 16 digs, and seven aces and received “Player of the Match” by her team and coaches.

“She is a really good player and adds a lot of energy to the team,” said senior hitter, Olivia Zumdieck.

After a stressful and exciting five set game, the braves finished the final match, 15-7, ending with the win.

The other matches came close with the first match ending 25-21 Braves, the second match 25-17 Braves, the third match 25-19 Prep, and the fourth match 25-20 Prep.

“The Brave fans helped us get pumped up for the game and play are best because of all the energy and spirit they had cheering on our team,” said senior captain Stephanie Waechter.

Seattle Prep did not like how much spirit the Brave fans had because it was distracting them while they were on the court.

“The Seattle Prep coach told the refs that the brave student section was too loud and they needed to quiet down,” said Zumdieck.

The Varsity Volleyball team plays the Crusaders at Eastside Catholic on Monday, October 2nd.