Girls Cross Country Team Comes in Hot With a Strong End to Their Season

Allie Boyle, Reporter

The girls cross country team ends their season stronger than ever. With some outstanding meets, and some tough outcomes, the team worked hard to give it their all from start to finish.

Throughout the season the girls not only improved on their individual skills, but they greatly improved as a team as well. The season also allowed the girls to make some amazing memories that they will cherish forever.

“I think we all got better at pushing each other during races and running closer together”,  said junior runner Abby Hecko. “I’ve met many of my closest friends on the cross country team; girls I met freshman year on the team are still some of my best friends today”.

Even when someone on the team, or the team as a whole struggled during a practice or meet, the girls continued to support each other like true Braves do. This support helped the team to work hard during practices, and compete confidently at their meets.

“We got a lot better at running for the team instead of running for ourselves. We pushed each other to improve and work harder, and it really paid off by the end of the season” said senior captain Emma Flood.

One of the team’s most memorable highlights of the season was their meet at Magnuson.

“We won the meet, placed 5 girls in the top 6, and had a lot of girls run personal bests. Everyone was really positive and we had a lot of people come cheer us on”,  said Flood.

From the graduating seniors, to the brand new freshman, this season was for sure a successful one for the Braves. Over the course of the season the girls were able to set many personal, and team records. The dedication and passion that they exhibited definitely payed off.  

The team hopes to come back even stronger next season with the support of the BBHS fans, next year’s incoming freshman, and all of the returners.