Varsity Volleyball Wraps Up their Season with a Lose Against Bellevue

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet Varsity volleyball team wrapped up their season with a loss against Bellevue High School at Lakeside High School on Wednesday evening.

The Braves had a strong start to the game because of the positive energy, communication, and support that was on the court, but unfortunately lost the first set, 27-25.

“We were ahead at the start of the set, but the refs were playing favorites and were calling unfair calls, which made us lose, but we didn’t give up,” said senior hitter Olivia Zumdieck.

The team kept up their motivation, stepped up their game, and ended up winning the second set 25-17, but lost the third set, 25-17, and fourth set, 25-23 resulting in Bellevue taking the win.

“There were a lot of emotions after the game because it was our last game as a team,” said Zumdieck “but overall it was one of the best seasons and I am going to miss it so much next year.”

The team wished that they could have continued on their road to state, but are happy with how the season went overall and can’t wait to see what future seasons have in store.

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

Kayla Ponti, a senior at Bishop Blanchet, is beginning her first year as a member of the Miter staff and journalism team. Kayla is excited to improve her...