Riverdale Drama Heats Up

Emily Wurdeman, Reporter

Unless they’ve been living a life void of all internet and social media, everyone knows about Riverdale – CW’s newest television series.

The series stars Lili Reinhart as Betty Cooper, Cole Sprouse as Jughead Jones, KJ Apa as Archie Andrews and Camila Mendes as Veronica Lodge.

If those names sound familiar, it’s because the series is based off of the Archie Comics’ characters. The comic series was made into television by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, the head creativity officer at Archie Comics. The series was originally imagined as a movie made by Warner Bros. Pictures, but was later changed to a series to be made by CW.

The show was first released on January 26, 2017, and concluded on May 11, 2017. Due to the overwhelming positive response that the show received, the show was renewed for a second season on March 7, 2017.

In the first season of the show, the audience is introduced to Betty Cooper, Jughead Jones, Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge as the shows main characters.

In the pilot episode, the audience learns of the death of Jason Blossom, which leads the town to discovering some dark and forbidden secrets that had been hiding among them.

The first season follows these main characters as they navigate the struggles of high school, all while dealing with the drama coming out the cracks of their seemingly picture perfect town.

At the end of season one, we are left with Cheryl Blossom attempting to drown herself in the river, and Archie Andrews being shot in the town diner.

Almost 5 months after the season finale, season two of Riverdale was released on October 11, 2017.

As most viewers can see, season two is off to a much more serious note, with three episodes released, already have there been more than 3 violent attacks in the town.

In season two, we see Archie Andrews take it upon himself to protect the town from these attacks, founding the Red Circle – a group of high schoolers who will attempt to patrol and protect the town from whoever is causing the chaos; a person going by the name of the Black Hood.

The 16th installment of the series, episode three of season two, ends with Betty Cooper receiving a threatening note from the Black Hood.

To catch up on past episodes, or see next weeks’, check out CW.com for everything Riverdale.