Varsity Volleyball Wraps Up an Eventful Season

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet Varsity volleyball team wrapped up their season with a loss against Bellevue High School at Lakeside High School on Wednesday evening.

The Braves had a strong start to their District playoff game because of the positive energy, communication, and support that was on the court, but unfortunately lost the first set, 27-25.

“We were ahead at the start of the set, but at the end of the set we lost our confidence by the end of the match,” said senior hitter Olivia Zumdieck.

The team decided to amp up their motivation, step up their game, and ended up winning the second set 25-17, but lost the third set, 25-17, and fourth set, 25-23 resulting in Bellevue taking the win.

“There were a lot of emotions after the game because it was our last game as a team,” said Zumdieck, “but overall it was one of the best seasons and I am going to miss it so much next year.”

The Varsity volleyball team is graduating four seniors this year, but if they keep up their hard work during the off-season, they will have a strong team next year.

The team wished that they could have continued on their road to state, but are happy with how the season went overall.

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

Kayla Ponti, a senior at Bishop Blanchet, is beginning her first year as a member of the Miter staff and journalism team. Kayla is excited to improve her writing skills by writing about the sports events, school news, and the Brave community. She believes that everyone should know what is going on in their community and is excited to be a voice for the Braves. Kayla is also an ambassador, captain of the girls swim team, a member of St. Vincent de Paul, and runs on the track team in the spring time. Outside of the classroom, Kayla works at Aqua Club as a lifeguard and teaches swim lessons in the summer, enjoys skiing on Friday nights at Stevens Pass, attending Blanchet sports events, and watching The Office. Kayla also enjoys keeping up with current events by watching Fox News, as well as listening to talk shows, and reading the Seattle News. Kayla is thrilled about being apart of the Miter staff and can’t wait to write for the Brave community.