Intramural Sports Gains Support From Teachers and Students Alike

Bishop Blanchet implemented a new program led by theology teacher Mr. Logan Brewster, and is a big hit within the student body.

Joe Hinshaw, Reporter

Bishop Blanchet has incorporated many sports and clubs throughout the school’s’ history, with one of the the newest being Intramural Sports. This unique addition provides a an opportunity for students and teachers to enjoy a healthy dose of competition with friends in a more laid-back setting.

“It’s definitely a cool program where I get to show off my skills with my friends without too much pressure,” said senior Finn Jelinek.

These tournament-style practices are held on Sunday evenings in the Ernie Rose Gym and draws a diverse group of students with varying skill levels.

“You don’t have to be good,” said senior Will Fleming. “It’s fun no matter what because nobody takes it too seriously.”

This time of the year is assigned to basketball, but other activities such as volleyball, handball, and flag football will also be played over the course of the year.

The intramural aspect of the program allows for anyone and everyone to be able to participate, including faculty and staff, and creates a very unique dynamic.

“It’s cool to see unsuspecting people ball out,” said Fleming.

There’s no doubt that the introduction of intramural sports to the Bishop Blanchet community is a big success, providing a new and unique chance for people to get involved and have some fun with their fellow Braves.