Bishop Blanchet’s Knowledge Bowl Continues to Brighten Minds

Bishop Blanchet English teacher Jesse McFeron, leads over twenty students every week in the club Knowledge Bowl, which helps expand the minds of students with random trivia.

Zoe Baker, Reporter

English teacher of freshman and juniors, Jesse McFeron, has been moderating the Knowledge Bowl club for around six years.

“I’m not exactly sure how long the club has been around but its been awhile” said McFeron when asked about how many years the club has been around.

The club consists of about twenty to thirty students that meet every Wednesday.

Knowledge Bowl competes with teams from other schools, in giant trivia contests. These facts can range from what battle happened at which time, or what elements make up the material of glass.

Last year, the Knowledge Bowl was able to take their skills as a team together all the way to state, they managed to get ninth in state.

“Even though we were in last place we were still able to make it to state and that an accomplishment in itself” said Nick Velasquez when asked about the accomplishments the team has made.

During the teams Wednesday practises they are put into teams with five different people, each team has a metal stick connected with a timer at the front of the room, and whatever team touches it first gets to answer the question. This creates a very hectic environment full of arguing and disagreement. If no team gets the the question right, McFeron will explain the answer to make sure everyone on the team understands the correct answer.

The club has a very diverse group of people from every grade that are apart of Knowledge Bowl, for not only the fun of it but also to participate in the learning of new trivia facts.