JV Girls Basketball Defeats Franklin

Georgia Costa, Reporter

Last night on Thursday, February 1st, the Bishop Blanchet JV girls defeated the Franklin quakers in an intense and close game.

The JV girls showed improvement last night, winning by a score of 49 to 44. Learning from their prior mistakes, the Braves dominated offensively and fought until the very end.

According to sophomore center Wintana Negash, the team managed to come back from a loss in the last stretch.

“We came back after a 10 point deficit,” said Negash. “Our offense was amazing during the fourth quarter.”

Sophomores Mia Jones and Ellie Walker both excelled offensively, scoring a combination of 24 points during the last quarter. Defensively, freshman Maya Mosley dominated the hoop with rebound after rebound.

“I am really proud of us,” said Jones. “All of the points I scored happened because of the dedication of me and my teammates.”

Through their endless effort and hard work, the JV girls made a great comeback and showed their potential.

Their final game of the season is tomorrow at 4 o’clock against Lakeside.

Georgia Costa, Reporter

Georgia Costa is a senior at Bishop Blanchet High School and is taking journalism for the first time. Georgia is very interested in journalism and wishes to start her career with The Miter. Georgia plays for the girls varsity soccer team, which has been very successful in the past seasons. She takes her academics seriously but also likes to have fun at school and show off spirit. She attends football games, basketball games, and all the school dances. In her free time, Georgia plays soccer and spends time with her friends and family. Georgia is excited to go more in depth