Blanchet JVC Boys’ Basketball Beat Down Continues

Cade Prinzivalli, Reporter

The Boys’ JVC Basketball team remains undefeated through the second month of competition dominating opponents to achieve a record of 20-0. Defeating their opponents handily, with a +/- scoring differential of 24.3 overall, the team has shown no signs of weakness and the players have no intention to slow their victorious roll.

“It’s been one of the most enjoyable seasons of basketball I’ve ever played,” said Freshman Rolfe Zeisner. “Our team chemistry has allowed us to elevate our play significantly above that of our opponents.”

Over a period of four games, facing off against Kennedy Catholic, Ingraham, Garfield, and Franklin. The Braves dominated Kennedy Catholic, Ingraham, and Garfield but scraped out a narrow victory against Franklin for one of their closest games of the season. The team won 53-48 grateful to keep their winning streak alive.

“Franklin High School is known for a playing quick-paced, athletic style of basketball and that’s exactly what they came at us with,” said Head Coach Nick Padrnos “Regardless, we played the game the way we wanted and controlled the pace of the game, this allowed us to come out with the win.”

The team’s dominance was evident through their victories but also statistically beating opponents in the majority of categories including points scores and points allowed.

“We were the second best team in the league defensively and first offensively,” said Freshman Mark Joynt. “We dominated teams through cohesive play on both sides of the court and I attribute our success primarily to our chemistry.”

The JVC Boys’ season has been a story of success that can be contributed to the team’s hard work and gave the Bishop Blanchet Boys’ Basketball program something to be proud of amidst the struggling seasons the JV and Varsity programs are having. The team pulled out a victory against Lakeside High School on February 2 completing their undefeated season.

Cade Prinzivalli, Reporter

Cade Prinzivalli is a junior at Bishop Blanchet and is a new addition to The Miter staff. A novice journalist, he hopes to enhance his writing abilities and is eager to contribute to the newspaper. He enjoy spending his free time with friends and playing basketball. He has an extensive interest in politics and events going on in our countries and hopes to incorporate this interest into his journalist experience. He hopes to go onto study business and finances.