Good Burger Movie Review

Derek Loen, Reporter

One of my favorite movies of all time, “Good Burger”, recently taken off Netflix, is still worth checking out for a hilarious film with a heartwarming story.

“Good Burger” is a 1997 Nickelodeon film that starts off with the story off with Dexter, a high school student, needing to earn some money in the summer to pay off the bill of crashing into his teacher’s car. He ends up working at a restaurant called Good Burger, and coincidentally ends up having to work with Ed, the person who rollerbladed into the street and caused Dexter to crash into his professor.

When Mondo Burger opens next door, the burger battle ensues with the Good Burger fighting to stay in business.With a surprisingly big-named cast consisting of Kenan Thompson, Kel Mitchell, Sinbad, and Dan Schneider, “Good Burger” will make viewers crack up laughing while still having a captivating story, and even teaching some lessons along the way.

“Even though this movie was marketed as a kid’s film, it can really be enjoyed by all ages,” said an  IMDb user. “(Kenan and Kel) have an excellent chemistry together and make a great comedy team.”

Just as this reviewer says, the chemistry between the characters of Ed and Dexter is what makes the film so good. Ed, a ridiculous character,always saying or doing something wacky. When someone asks for a burger with nothing on it, Ed just gives him a bun. Dexter hates Ed in the beginning because his foolishness is what caused him to get into the accident and forced him to get a summer job, but they end up becoming good friends as soon as he gets to know him better. There are so many quotable lines from the two, normally consisting of one liners from Ed responding in a crazy way to something that Kenan said.

“It’s so stupid that it’s actually kind of  funny,” said Senior Dylan Murphy.

Although “Good Burger” was taken off of Netflix, I was able to find a YouTube video of the full movie for free. I highly suggest checking it out, as it’s one of the most underrated movies out there. I can guarantee that movie will leave you with a smile on your face by the end of it.