Brave’s Softball Commences

Ellie Schober, Reporter

As spring rolls around it is once again time for softball, and the Braves hope for an even more  successful season than last year.

This Tuesday, March 13, is the team’s season opener against Kennedy Catholic High School. Sophomore Evy Alveno is looking forward to her second year on the team. Alveno has a few personal goals for her first game back.

“Some of my goals are helping the pitcher offensively and not striking out looking,” said Alveno.

The Braves have 18 regular season games scheduled. Senior captain Greta Geivett has set some team goals for the season.

“We would like to make to get better as a team,” said Geivett, “do well in metros and advance to state.”.

The squad’s other captain, Gianna Marchese, also says state is definitely the overall goal and  hopes the team takes it one game at a time.

“We have an awesome group of girls and I’m excited to see how the season is going to go,” said Marchese.

Some may be surprised to know that the team’s biggest postseason competition is not in the Metro league, but instead the schools outside the city of Seattle.

“The teams from outside Seattle are always the best,” said Geivett. “The girls from those high schools play on all the same select teams. So they literally play together all year.”

The Braves have three games next week, starting on Tuesday at 4:00 at Lower Woodland.