The Bravebots Taking Home the Name:”PNW Mount Vernon District Champions”

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

The Bishop Blanchet robotics team participated in the Pacific Northwest District Competition in Mount Vernon on March 2-4.

On Friday, the Bravebots attended a workshop to prepare for the competition where they worked on their robot for emergency reasons.

The following morning, the team meet at Blanchet at 6:00 AM and drove the two hour drive to Mount Vernon High School where the competition was held.

“The first item on the agenda for the weekend was attending the opening ceremony of the competition,” said senior Cormac Brown.

After the ceremony, the team received their schedule that listed all of the qualification matches that they were competing in with their robot.

They played the qualification matches on the field. This year’s matches included shooting boxes off of scales.

During the competition, some of the robots started flying, making it a foot off the ground.

“Our robot is designed for more of the scale/space competition and is not designed as a climbing bot,” said Brown.

The Bravebots placed 21st out of 38 teams in the qualifying rounds.

Finals took place Sunday afternoon and the top eight teams got to choose their alliance partners. The alliances are made up of three teams that compete together as one team.

“We ended up getting picked to be members of the third alliance,” said Brown.

The third alliance’s two other teams were CHUCK from Spokane and Jack in the Bot from Mill Creek.

The third alliance placed first overall. The Bravebots were awarded a trophy, plaque, and “PNW Mount Vernon District Champion” banner.

Overall, the Bravebots had an amazing competition.