Men’s Soccer Brave’s the Weather Against Rival Seattle Prep

Jason Knoblich, Reporter

Last Friday night your Bishop Blanchet Men’s Soccer team faced off against our rival school, Seattle Prep, fighting a hard battle against the former Metro champs.

On Friday, April 13th, the Braves faced off against the Seattle Prep Panthers, giving them a good fight for the entirety of the match, but falling flat in the end, losing two to one. The game started off very slowly for the Braves, having a hard time getting anything to go their way. The weather conditions were not the best; pouring rain and unforgiving wind helped the Panthers get out to an early start due to a cross that was misjudged by senior keeper Sam Peerce.

“We got out to a really slow start,” said Senior stricker Eli Sherwood. “I don’t know if it was the weather or something else, but we were flat going into the first half of the game.”

The troubles didn’t end with the single goal. Not too soon after the first goal the Panthers were back on the attack, extending their lead to two; however, things started turning in the Braves favor the rest of the half. They weren’t able to score in the first, but things were starting to click, and they made some impressive runs.

“We just kept battling the entire game,” said junior defender Liam Tracey. “Yeah things weren’t looking too good for us in the first half, but we eventually started to get things moving and control the game.”

Once the second half began the Braves started to really shine. They started to control the pace of the game and making credible runs to score. It was off a drawn penalty kick by sophomore Mark Chu that gave the Braves an opportunity to get on the board. Junior Kurtis Delen took the penalty kick, scoring it and giving the Brave’s their first and only point. Although things started turning in favor of the Brave’s they ran out of time to tie the game, leaving the score at two to one.