Girls Varsity Lacrosse Keeps High Hopes for the Rest of the Season

Halfway through the varsity girls lacrosse season, junior captain Molly Olney keeps a positive attitude and still has high hopes for the rest of the season.

Zoe Baker, Reporter

With six games left for the girls lacrosse season and seven games already completed, the team still hopes for improvement.

The team has won four games and lost three. They started off the season losing their first first game to Lakeside. The girls continued their losing streak by losing to Seattle Prep at a home game.

The next game the varsity girls were able to score a win against Tahoma when they travelled down to Tacoma. They were also able to secure another win the following week against Garfield high school.

The next two games of the varsity girls season were home games. They lost both of these games against Eastside Catholic and Holy Names.

Most recently they were able to win their game against Bethel high school.

“We have had some tough loses,” said Olney, “but all the games have been close and we have had some great wins.”

Olney mentions how she still hopes that the team will continue to improve together.

“We have improved so much since last year,” said Olney, “and I hope we continue to improve during the second half of the season.”

With this improvement throughout last season and this season, the girls lacrosse team still hopes to make it to playoffs.

Olney mentions that she would like to have the team make at least one of the games in the girls high school varsity lacrosse playoffs, to end the season on a good note.