JV Girls Lacrosse Conclude Their Season Against Gonzaga Prep.

Hunter Redmon, Reporter

The junior varsity girls lacrosse team played Gonzaga Prep at Mickey Nash field in their last game of the season, losing 8-2.

After a successful season of growth, the Braves played their last game on Saturday, May 6th at 2PM. Varsity players Molly Onley, Bridget Onley, and Zoe Jellenik swung down to give the JV team a helping hand. Junior Zoe Jellenik played attack for the first time all season and helped put the pressure on the opposing team in the first half. According to freshman Anna Cougar, the presence of the varsity girls really helped.

“The Varsity girls really helped us in this game by showing us a more organized way of playing, by staying spaced out and cutting more,” said Cougar.

Cougar and Noelle Brems combined for the team’s pair of goals. Unfortunately, the Braves couldn’t get too many shots to go in the net outside of that, and by the end of regulation were outscored 8-2.

Despite the help from the varsity players, Gonzaga Prep proved to be too much to handle for the braves. According to Sara King, it wasn’t the Braves’s best performance in terms of communication. In an interview, King described that the Braves allowed too many fastbreaks that lead to easy one-on-one opportunities for Gonzaga Prep.

Even though the team couldn’t pull out a win in their final game, the season as a whole was far from a disappointment. The team had a final meeting on the field after the game and shared some highlights from the season. Elizabeth Zajaczkowski commented on how much the team has improved in all areas since February.

“I am so proud of how much we have grown as a team, and am very excited for next season,” said Zajaczkowski in an interview.

Many of the girls have the same outlook, as they are excited for next year and hope to continue to get better in the off-season.