Last Meet of the Regular Season is a Winner

Rachel Willison, Reporter

On Thursday, May 3, the Bishop Blanchet Track and Field Team competed against Ballard and Nathan Hale at Nathan Hale for the last regular meet of the season.

Many of the Braves performed well and will be advancing to Metros on May 9 and 11 at Chief Sealth High School.

Assistant boys distance coach Thomas Albes was very impressed with the team as a whole and the amount of people that qualified for the postseason.

“The boys ran well at Nathan Hale last week in our final regular season league meet,” said Albes. “We had some good performances that solidified their qualification for the Metro Championship meet Wednesday and Friday. Overall, it was a great regular season, and everyone is really looking forward to the postseason meets.”

Senior Paul Codd did not qualify for Metros, but did break his season record in the mile event.

“I got a seasonal record for the last league meet, which was nice,” said Codd. “I ran under five minutes for the mile, but came up short in qualifying for Metros.”

Senior Parker Rathbun ran very well at the meet and will be advancing to the Metro Championship.

“I am very excited to be advancing,” said Rathbun. “I have worked very hard this season, and I can’t wait to see how far some the Braves and myself will go.”

The Braves will compete in the Metro Championship May 9 and 11 at Chief Sealth in the hopes of advancing to Districts.