Braves Enter a week of Diversity

Chris Salvador, reporter

Diversity week is a great, but short week celebrating the diversity within our community.

We can be excited and expect a lot in a short week celebrating Diversity week here at Bishop Blanchet High School. The faculty retreat, unfortunately, gives us only a few days to celebrate Diversity week at school; however, many of the activities are happening outside of school.

Throughout the week, the plan is to have various morning reflections from a diverse pool of students and staff, ranging from community members to international exchange students. Also, people who attended the Diversity Leadership Summit will also talk during our weeks morning reflections. Our great assembly led by Christian hinted at a great summit, and we should get some pretty great insight as to what they learned from the summit.

“ I really enjoyed Christian and his speech at the assembly,” said junior Alex Plastino. “ I can’t wait to hear what it is they have to say in the reflections”.

Mrs Janah Valenzuela also plans on taking ten lucky student leaders to University Prep’s Social Justice Day Conference. They will surely learn a lot from the conference and hopefully give reflections in the following weeks with their experience.

On the 21st, teachers will be offered a Diversity workshop during lunch, with the hope that they can be inspired to enact change.They as well hopefully will learn a lot from the conference and change the environment of our community for the better.  

“ I am excited for the upcoming Diversity week,” said senior Luke Bader. “ even though it’s a really short week”.

Diversity week can be very insightful and we can learn a lot from the lucky students and teachers going to the various workshops, conferences, and summits. Hopefully they can live like Christian and affect and influence the people around our community for the better.