Braves Softball Ending the League Season

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

The Brave’s softball team intensified its run to the playoffs with games against Nathan Hale, Seattle Prep, and Chief Sealth.

The team defeated Nathan Hale High School at Meadowbrook by a score of 14-0 on Friday, April 27, 2018. 14-0. Freshman Kate Judy pitched a one hitter with 13 strikeouts. Together, juniors Lily King and Mari Kamemoto had a combination of seven RBI’s. Seniors Gianna Marchese and Cate Williams had two home runs each.

The Braves defeated Ingraham 16-2 in the game against Ingraham. Marchese pitched for the win and had 9 strikeouts and also ran a homerun. Jessica Segle, Kamaemoto, and Judy all had three hits. The seniors celebrated senior night as it was the last home game of the season.

“It is so sad that this is our last season together,” said senior Greta Geivett.

At Lower Woodland, the Braves defeated Chief Sealth 10-1 ending with a 13-1 league record, The team will start playing in their metro playoff games.

Kayla Ponti, Reporter

Kayla Ponti, a senior at Bishop Blanchet, is beginning her first year as a member of the Miter staff and journalism team. Kayla is excited to improve her writing skills by writing about the sports events, school news, and the Brave community. She believes that everyone should know what is going on in their community and is excited to be a voice for the Braves. Kayla is also an ambassador, captain of the girls swim team, a member of St. Vincent de Paul, and runs on the track team in the spring time. Outside of the classroom, Kayla works at Aqua Club as a lifeguard and teaches swim lessons in the summer, enjoys skiing on Friday nights at Stevens Pass, attending Blanchet sports events, and watching The Office. Kayla also enjoys keeping up with current events by watching Fox News, as well as listening to talk shows, and reading the Seattle News. Kayla is thrilled about being apart of the Miter staff and can’t wait to write for the Brave community.