Braves Fall Short

Chris Salvador, reporter

The Braves baseball team had some hard fought games, but came up short to overcome their opponents.

The Braves fell short on a few games; however, had some big wins against Kamiak and Roosevelt high school. The Braves wish to finish their season strong like previous games.

The varsity baseball team won a game against Cleveland high school by forfeit on April 16th. The team was disappointed that the opportunity to play was taken away by the forfeit, but are happy they can add another game in the win column.

“I was looking forward to watching the game,” said junior Kristina Binder. “But as long as they win, it doesn’t matter”.

he game on April 18, a huge game against Roosevelt was a close match.

Sophomore pitcher Jarek Woodward threw a complete game and scored the game winning run to seal the game.

“I was honestly at the edge of my seat,” said junior Alex Plastino.

he next day on Seattle University’s field, the team faced O’Dea. The game was very close until the end when The Fighting Irish bats exploded to take the match 10-1 at the Seattle U field.

In the third game in a three day stretch, the team lost Lakeside 1-0.

“It was a great team effort,” said senior captain Scott Yeung, “however we came up short”.

The team bounced back in their game at Kamiak. On the very overcast day, the Braves won 7-6 with great team effort.

Chris Salvador, Reporter

Chris Salvador, a Senior at Bishop Blanchet, is going into his first year being a part of The Miter staff. He is excited to begin his journey as a journalist and strengthen his abilities as a writer. Chris enjoys attending sporting events, and can be found in the stands of a Bishop Blanchet football or basketball game. He is a former cross country runner and football player who enjoys the time he spent with his friends. He is currently apart of the track and field team here at Bishop Blanchet and hopes to give it his all in his final year at Blanchet. It is a new year and new opportunity to be apart of something bigger, and The Miter is the place on where Chris has set his eyes. In this incoming 2017-2018 school year, Chris hopes to inform you anything and everything Brave related. Chris wishes to be more active in the Brave community, and help show the world what it’s like here at Blanchet.